Saturday, February 5, 2011

{Written Feb 4th 2011} What's it gonna be yes or no...or ...lemme sleep on it.


Had a minor epipany. Lightbulb moment. No I wasn't listening to Meatloaf. But I could be at any given moment. Okay not really. But that particular song is sorta cool in a dance and sing your face off kinda way. Right? Okay.


This is going to be a short and sweet. Sometimes those are the best kind. No long drawn out malarky. K? K. Dialogue earlier in the day...

Me. Don't be sorry. If I didn't choose for it to be that way...it'd be different.

Okay. Sounds silly and simplistic. But is it? I think of all the situations in my life. About all the things that I CHOOSE everyday. The people in or out of my peripheral line of consciousness, the image I portray, my attitude, immediate surroundings; every single one of them are choices.

I am not a victim in my own life.

Serenity prayer. Courage to change the things that I can. Yep. I am a product of what I've created. Best I can do is keep that idea front and center in my consciousness. I HAVE A CHOICE TODAY...in every situation. Even the people, places and things in my life that are unacceptable to me (oooh that sounds an awful lot like Dr. Paul's story. You know Acceptance is the answer to all my blah blah blah. Great Read. Try it sometime. Big Book Third Edition pg. 449)

OOooooh. I love it when a blog comes together. As the writing on the wall (literally) next to my bed tells me everyday....



Choose wisely my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment