Saturday, February 5, 2011

Showin' yer ass...

umm..wrong ass.


Sometimes ... we need to take a break. Especially and most importantly, when we're in a sick thinking mindset. Taking a short bit of time to breathe and find out what the hell is going on with ya badself ... is epically important. Yes I used 'epic'. It fits.





In the fast pace of returning to a life well lived ...a sober life, fraught with all the responsibilities that comes with being a productive member of society, I need to take time to reconnect. When I don't? It's not pretty.

Let me give you a laundry list of why nots. Which are all bullshit of course in this day and age of the internets and a million ways to connect.


  • lack of work
  • a 'i can just inventory' mentality. not feeling the need to show my proverbial tuckus (which is very much needed for this sick chick)
  • time. there isn't ever enough of it really.
See writing inventories is vital. But so is the sharing. The challenging of thinking that stinks. Whether on the phone, email, in a poem, whatever ~ I MUST ... show the sick. No matter what anyone thinks.

This is they key to staying sober/clean. This sharing. "Telling on." And so ...I am.

I don't have to do everything 'right' you know. On the path and in the journey is all that is requred of me. Thank the gods that I don't HAVE to have it all together. There is freedom in that. If you have folks in your life that DON'T show their rump (sick, disease, whatever) get around some. Run. Don't walk. There are no judges, hung jury, or executioners in 'recovery land'. We're all doing the best that we can with what we've got. One thing that I have learned to love about me is my willingness to tell on myself and then find the lesson and THEN...the humor. Cause if i'm not laughing? I'm a goner. Truth.



Humility is beautiful thing. Perfectionism is for pansies. Real courage is a truth telling sojourn into the 'real'. Thanks for being here with me. And for laughing with me at my tanning booth tan lines ... rump style. You know. That white spots where you lay on your back? The pressure point? Yea. That one.





But in reality? We are.....





Because beauty is in the eye of the recovery beholder? Can look like a hot mess, in a dress of course. Honesty is beautiful. Real is beautiful. Raw is beautiful. YOU ...are beautiful. And maybe I am too. With all my flawed perfect imperfections. I like the idea of that. Lots.

No comments:

Post a Comment